KS3 COLLEGE PAGE
The purpose of the three college system is to raise the profile of learning and to develop a culture for progress.
"Inspire a generation" was the main theme from the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Following on from this, it was decided that the new names should be linked to great British Olympians. Students in each of the Colleges were asked to choose from a list of Olympic sportsmen and women.
The three Heads of College are:
Miss Leanne Cowling -
Head of Redgrave
Mrs Sara Jones -
Head of Hoy
Mrs Elizabeth Brown -
Head of Ennis
(Maternity leave from 17 April 2018)
Mr Sam Goodman -
Acting Head of Ennis
Why the college system?
- Continuous focus on student progress with rigorous monitoring and reviewing of current students performance
- Our Director of Learning, Mr Martyn Patching, will be responsible for tracking students' progress across subjects and ensuring they are on track
- Early identification of students underachieving
- Targeted intervention is put in place early in order for students to regain confidence and return to their expected level of work.
Benefits to the Students:
- Development of a culture for attainment and achievement
- Smaller community within the larger school leading to a personalised learning experience
- Main focus on ensuring students all make the desired 2 levels of progress from Key Stage 2 to Key stage 3
- Ensuring students have a clear awareness of their starting levels and what they need to achieve them
- Continual appraisal of students progress and mapping of current working levels
- Increased confidence in their learning and knowledge of how to make further progress